Wednesday 3 November 2010

The 5 S' / S number 1- Shot lists

After a lot of research in preparation for my horror movie publicity campaign, it was time to start planning in detail. In order to help set myself a strict outline in which I will use as guidelines to complete the planning tasks I decided to separate the elements of planning which I will need to explore and complete. These are also known as the 5 s' and include:

  • Shot lists

  • Storyboards

  • Schedules

  • Script

  • Stock characters

Shot lists


A shotlist is an uninterrupted sequence of frames taken by a video camera. In other words, this is the continuous film taken from when the camera has been turned on to when it has been turned off. A list of shots helps in the planning and filming of your movie.

At the start of this task, I had difficulty in differentiating the differences between shot lists and also storyboards as they are very similar. I watched a video on http://youtube.com/ (click for link to website) on shotlists and storyboards which helped me understand the difference between them and also how to construct my own. The video may be found below:



Below, I have created a shot list for Midnight Massacre 2, capturing the types of shots which will be included in each scene throughout the horror trailer. (Please click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment