Wednesday 8 September 2010

My Preliminary Task - The meeting














Our AS task had been to construct our own music magazine from scratch. Similar to A2, we were asked to record the process via an electronic blogging system. (Click for link to my Music Magazine blog). Whilst developing the production of my music magazine, I became aware of how important preliminary tasks had been and how they contributed to the finishing product as it makes you as the designer aware of any problems or difficulties you may face later on and help you overcome them.

In preparation for our Horror Production, we created a short clip based on the theme 'The Meeting'. We arranged ourselves into groups of three before planning our storyline. We paid close detail to camera shots and angles and also sound of each shot. As a group we were given a digital camera and asked to record our clip ourselves. This was a challenge as we had little experience of filming or editing concepts. Once the clip had been made, we edited it adding features such as change in tempo and also echo.

Below: Images consisting of the variety of shot types and angles in our clip. Also, below is a video of our finished attempt.














The preliminary task I felt was beneficial as it taught us many lessons such as:
  • 'Never hold the camera in your hand whilst recording, it should always be situated on a tripod in order to make the clip seem less 'shaky.'
  • The preliminary task has also helped me to understand thoroughly the concept of the continuity editing and how it can make your production seem more realistic.
  • I have also learnt that using effects such as 'slow pace', and changes in tempo may infer shifts in time changes to the past or the future.

This will help me when I am constructing my horror movie trailer as it will ensure that my finished trailer is of better quality and enjoyment to the viewer. Also my preliminary AS assignment of designing a template of a magazine, has given me the basic skills in which will be essential in designing my horror trailer's publicity poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment